Education is valued by Chandler Concrete Company – for our employees and our customers. Our employees receive on-going training to stay current with developing ready-mixed practices through our membership in national and local ready-mixed concrete associations. We provide continuous training opportunities for our employees at no cost and during work hours.
On-going training includes:
- NC DOT Concrete Certification
- ACI Field Testing and Concrete Batching Certification
- Annual Employee Meetings (10 meetings, 410 employees)
- Batching System Training
- Customer Service Training
- Vendor training opportunities
- New Employee Training and Orientation (held every quarter)
- Certified Driver Professional training offered through the NRMCA
- NRMCA/CRMCA training (targeted to specific technical needs in our industry)
- Safety seminars
- Dispatch training
- Customer service
- Plant manager training
- Fleet and plant maintenance training
- Environmental training
- Product specification/technical training
- CDL Training
We developed a CDL training course in conjunction with two local community colleges to help us train/hire driver candidates with no previous commercial truck driving experience. Using 10 current experienced mixer drivers as trainers, we put the new hires through 60 hours of driver training over 5 consecutive weekends in a concrete mixer truck to earn a CDL. They were hired as part time employees and paid to attend the training. At the end of the formal training period, they took their CDL test and were then placed in full time driving positions. We hired 20 individuals to participate in this process.
Chandler Concrete provides our customers with the latest information in concrete processing with the Concrete in Practice series, 39 one-page information sheets written in a non-technical format. Our technical staff can partner with customers to provide concrete mix designs to improve any project, or reduce costs.
Reduce Finishing Costs And Save
Special admixtures can be designed that can reduce finishing labor and labor costs by increasing the finishing time – without compromising concrete strength or performance. The initial cost of the admixture is offset by the savings in finishing labor. Contact our technical service staff for options.