Primarily responsible for coordinating the timely delivery of concrete from plant locations to job sites according to customer requests and expectations while using the most efficient and cost effective processes possible.
- Answers telephone and probes customer for all necessary information to complete sales order.
- Monitors orders to avoid scheduling conflicts or operational “bottlenecks” whenever possible.
- Coordinate with dispatcher to avoid delivery conflicts and maximize utilization of equipment and people.
- Forward same-day orders to dispatcher immediately to ensure prompt and proper action is taken.
- Communicates with dispatchers and plant locations to provide information and resolve questions or issues as they arise.
- Performs dispatching duties as needed.
- Maintains customer and mix information files.
- Enters orders timely, accurately and completely to ensure appropriate scheduling can occur.
- Works closely with sales department to stay abreast of special customer needs or requests.
- Other duties as assigned by manager or other member of management.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum one year of work experience preferably in the construction or concrete industry.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills both oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks.
- Demonstrated experience with data entry.
- Demonstrated proficiency with basic mathematics to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division to include fractions and percentages.